Sunday, March 28, 2010

His Garbo Moment

The Boy's big birthday bash took place yesterday. Festive and active, with a Wonderpets theme ("What's gonna work? Teamwork!"), exhaustion prevailed by the end of the day for all involved.

Among the assorted guests were members of the Boy's all girl fan club that I have mentioned before. At one point during the party I saw the Boy race from the bouncy house into our home. He was followed by the fans. I wondered if he was retrieving some toy. After a length of time and no return I slipped into the house to investigate. I heard laughter from the bathroom. When I opened the door I found the Boy seated upon the throne taking care of his business. Three girls were seated along the edge of the tub like birds on a wire devotedly watching the Boy. The expression on the Boy's face was not one of delight.

There is such a thing as too much attention.

No comments: