Friday, April 17, 2009

Texas Won't Go Away

Despite TX governor Perry's claims, according to a poll, only 18% of texans want to secede. The other 82% apparently have a vague recollection of high school history classes and the sad results for those that last opted to go it alone (I believe it was a pretty decent ass whoppin). Oh, and the last ones to drop the secession bomb did so over slavery and states' rights; the current batch seem to feel strongly about... an economic stimulus package?

Obama, duly elected, hasn't even been in office 3 months and these morons want to take their ball and go home. My 4 year old whines less when he doesn't get his way.


judy's hubby said...

Let Texas secede. Then we can move all of the Republicans that don't like Obama down there.

While we're at it, let's get Alaska on that bandwagon.

(BTW, what's the deal with the hammer and sickle? That's a symbol of communism, not socialism. And the last I checked, Obama is neither.)

Steve said...

As a smarter, funnier man than I remarked, "If Texas secedes, I'm going to have to rethink my opposition to a fence along our southern border."