Monday, August 17, 2009

Better The Second Time Around?

I've always found those Civil War re-enactors an interesting lot. Nothing against them. I'm sure they're fine people and have loads of other good qualities, but I basically lump them in with those Renaissance Faire folks. Dress up, play knight or soldier with your buddies, have a good time, go back to your crappy job on Monday. Hey, whatever floats your boat.

Then today, I come across this. Seems that a group of these folks have now found an interest in something a little closer to home - Vietnam. Yep, the re-enactors are going back to the 60's, complete with the Tet Offensive and Ho Chi Minh.

Seriously.

Just one question?

When is "My Lai" weekend?

I actually know a few vets who unfortunately reenact that war every night in their sleep.

Good times, huh?

No comments: