Friday, September 19, 2008

As Long As You're Handing Out Cash

Hey! Federal Government, Bush, et al! I loaned an old girlfriend about 130 bucks about 14 years ago and I never got it back. Can you guys take that debt off my hands, please? I know it's not in the 500 billion or more range you're taking care of for the wealthy investment bankers, but it's money I could use. I know it was my fault for loaning it to her and I shouldn't have trusted her, but come on, help a guy out ok?

I mean you just shot my kids' future to hell for the sake of saving investors. As if this financial meltdown is any better by burying my children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren under a mountain of debt from which they will never emerge. It's ok. I understand. Somebody has to make certain that those 40" plasma TVs and new cars keep shooting out the door. I understand that the Republican Party has screamed personal responsibility for 30 years but when push came to shove they showed how false that was. I understand that Americans can't be asked to forego the lattes. Just keep the party going guys - cause China is going to own us and the only way we will be able to pay them back is by consuming their tainted milk. Way to go boys and girls.

Can you tell I'm pissed off? I don't care how bad it could have been - it will be much worse now. Did you see the market today? "Hey, they're gonna take that debt of our hands. Let's BUY!"
Boy did that make them happy. Like a bunch of meth heads who just got lucky with a Scratcher. Woo Hoo. I'm spendin.

Fuck it - who cares?