Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I Can't Help Myself

The economy is in a shambles, we're in a hot war with Pakistan now, the first debate is (maybe) two days away and this is the fodder I offer you. Sorry, but it's too damned funny. The National Enquirer must be selling a lot of issues.

They are reporting the name of the man with whom Palin had an alleged affair: Brad Hanson, another former business partner of Todd's. Todd found out and closed down the partnership, a snowmobile dealership (of course). Three family members of the Hansons are the sources including one who took a lie detector test. Palin reportedly told friends the relationship was "never consumated".

According to Gawker, when the Enquirer called the Hansons for a comment his wife answered and said:

"I would prefer not to talk about it. It's a nonissue." Then she hung up. Then she called back. And then said, "There is absolutely no truth to this story. It is a complete rumor." Then Brad got on the phone and said, hilariously: "Todd and I are still friends. We own a cabin together. I talked to him four times this week. Does that sound like there was a disagreement?"

Personally I find the fact that he looks just like Todd to be the best aspect of it all. Well, that and the accompanying photo on the Enquirer site (below) that implies why Sarah might have been stepping out on Todd.

I don't feel so bad about this. Like I said before: if you don't define yourself to the press, they will define you themselves. Come out and talk to the reporters, Governor.

No comments: