Sunday, September 28, 2008

Loving Couple


I haven't posted a lot today. Spent some time with my wife and kids. Imagine that. I love my family. It isn't a sham. It isn't an act. I couldn't imagine myself with anyone but my wife, and my kids have so altered my world I don't remember what I was like before they came along. So that has gotten me thinking.


With all the Gremlin/Palin, polling, scandal, debate, suspension, bailout crap that has poured over us the last couple of weeks I've ignored one of the things that I like about Obama: the guy loves his wife. The guy loves his kids. The guy is loved by his wife and his kids. That may not be such a big deal. The Gremlin's wife may love him. Todd may love Sarah. But I don't know for sure; I can't honestly tell.

I do, however, know - I can tell - that the Obama house is love: paternal, filial, matrimonial, physical love. You can see it in their eyes. You can see it it their reactions to one another. You can see it in their ease.

Michelle and Barack are a couple I can relate to; a couple with a sense of equality and support that comes naturally. They have that sense of familiar mischief that comes with time, trust and a sense of humor. A fine example for the rest of the nation.


Hey, when's the last time there was a sexy couple in the White House; not hot, not sexual; just sexy. They make loving your mate sexy. We all know it's supposed to be that way, but it's been a while since we got a sense of that from a leader. That's a welcome change.

4 comments:

Baywatch said...

ok. but what is he whispering into her ear in that last shot? something presidential? I feel dirty.

Blaize said...

I think the "terrorist fist jab" is one of the better gestures they share, because it is so playful. They seem to know that it's funny when they are doing it, and also to be sincere about it. Which I love.

Anonymous said...

Please consider my cyber vomit deposited directly on your chest. I'm worried for you, amigo...

Crusty (and proud!)

arlopop said...

As I tear off a couple of sheets of cyber-Bounty to clean up the mess, I ask you Crusty, in the words of that paragon of lyrical wisdom: "What's so funny bout pease, love and understanding?"