Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Voice From The Middle

Undecided in PA is a 27 year old, Republican blogger who hasn't (es evidenced by her nick) made up her mind. This is part of her post from two days ago.

Ok - let me put it out there. I would've voted for McCain if he were running against anyone else (especially Hillary) or if he were the same person he was 8 years ago. I'm serious.

McCain has always had significant support amoung the younger types. Even some of my most liberal friends in college loved him. Then, he was truly an outsider and a maverick. The Bushies hated him and destroyed him, which was really sad and unfortunately. But his reaction was moreso. Since gaining the nomination - and maybe even before that - he turned his boat around from the middle towards the shores of the conservative Evangelicals. He sounds more and more like Karl Rove every day.

[snip]

My mom came with me to the TODAY show yesterday, and some random guy came up to her complaining he couldn't get on the show. During his rant, he mentioned that he was a Vietnam vet. He said that neither he nor none of his friends came back sound of mind, body, and spirit. The more my mom thought about it - the more she agreed with him. She didn't know anyone either. Made her look at McCain in a different way.


ed note: italics mine

No comments: