Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lowe Blow

Out at Lowes picking up air filters for the furnace. I have the kids because my wife is at the dentist. An employee about my age, wearing the ubiquitous vest, is in the aisle with the filters and notices my charming children. He says hi to them and comments on how cute they are. I tell my son to say hi to the nice man, but shyness overcomes the Boy and he just asks me for a hug. As I squeeze my son, the employee says, "Ahhh, they sure love their grandpas, don't they?"

As we leave I tell my son that I was wrong; the employee was not a nice man.

1 comment:

Steve said...

As a snooty and wealthy industrialist, I must point out that the hoi polloi tend to produce their litters early and often, such that thems like us are very much of grandparenting age.