Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Not Bouncing Back

The Boy has made things difficult... again. Yesterday, in a failed attempt to turn the Girl's bouncy seat into a trampoline, he broke it. It is the only method by which we can get her to go to sleep. We will, upon occasion, find her nodding off face down on the floor in a spot of sun, but that is a nap of her own choosing. When we want to encourage her slumber the bouncy is the only device that guarantees success.

I spent yesterday searching the internet for a new Bjorn Babysitter. My criteria was not price, but quickest delivery. We have hopes I went with a dependable shipper and that it will arrive by tomorrow. Please.

I jury-rigged the broken one so that it would support her. Sadly the rigging didn't hold and it collapsed twice while bouncing her to sleep last night. I ended up with her on my chest waiting for mom to arrive home from work at 11:30 last night and take her off my hands. She slept fitfully and kept us awake for most of the night with random moments of crying. She awoke this morning at 5:45, very early even for her, and I was forced to do chest duty while my wife tried to get some sleep. We need that new bouncy. Please.

This is, of course, all the Boy's fault. I will blame him forever. Blame and curse. He is wide awake and chipper this morning. He slept well. Good for him. I have told him not to use the new bouncy as a trampoline, or diving board, or carnival ride. We can't go through this again. Please.

No comments: