Saturday, March 29, 2008

No Bounce

The image to the left is my right knee. The two objects visible in my knee are screws. Those screws were inserted there three and a half years ago when I had my ACL replaced. The replacement ACL came from a corpse so he (or she) didn't mind. I destroyed my ACL on a little hike through the mountains. There was a distinct POP and excruciating pain. I will never forget either aspect. The recovery from the surgery was painful, and long. I was not completely healed for nearly a year. I never want to go through that again.

This is a bouncy house. It was rented today for the Boy's birthday party. We had postponed the party from last week due to the illness that swept through our home. It was a wonderful party. Everyone had a good time, especially inside the bouncy house.

This is my knee tonight. It is in a brace because while in the bouncy house with my son I attempted to avoid injuring him. There was a distinct POP and excruciating pain. We will know nothing until I get an MRI later in the week, but the consensus at the Urgent Care Center was I have destroyed a ligament; the ACL, MCL or the even the PCL. I am on crutches, icing it, and eating vicodin.

What a crappy end to the week.

4 comments:

lendos_girl said...

You know what they say babe; in sickness and in health. But how come you are always in sickness and I am always in health???

arlopop said...

ha ha

lendos_girl said...

Is there a lemon law in California?

Baywatch said...

doooooooood!!!!!!!!!