Sunday, March 9, 2008

Winning Ugly

Well, it seems a majority of you would rather be ugly than dull, dumb or humorless. At least that's what you're saying. Having been one or more of the four choices at varying times in my life, I agree with you. Based on the ratio of money spent on beauty and hair products versus books, I doubt the rest of the country does, however. Well, we'll be the funny, bright, life-of-the-party types that no one else can look at.

My wife, as with her worm vote, once again ran counter to convention and voted for dumb. Pulling out the old ignorance is bliss, she argued that if you're dumb enough, you won't care anyway.

For the new poll, in honor of your desire for intelligence, though not necessarily your desire to avoid dullness, please choose your favorite 19th Century Sino-Imperialist treaty imposition.

1 comment:

lendos_girl said...

It does occur to me now, that if I was really dumb I wouldn't know (and therefore couldn't enjoy) being pretty, funny, and exciting. Hmmm...