Saturday, March 15, 2008

Of Sickness And (Not) Missing Cats

The Girl is sick and like any father worth his sputum, I am sharing her misery. Two hacking humans, both desperately needing naps, but since she won't, I can't. So I have been bouncing her and enjoying (as best I can) a little tip from Bluestem.

I've never liked comic or cartoon cats. They're never funny to me and are usually just cruel. I've been known to laugh at a panel of Get Fuzzy, but that's rare. The looney tune where Pepe le Pew falls for the cat hit by paint in such a way that it looks like a skunk, I will admit, always made me laugh, but that was a cat that was a victim and not a victimizer.

Anyway, imagine my delight when I came across one of my most hated comics, Garfield, and it was so much improved once the title character is offed. It has more resonance and humor without the damned cat. Check out Garfield minus Garfield.


No comments: