Thursday, March 20, 2008

Dradis Fever

Three days of drug-assisted fever dreams. Pneumonia and bronchitis the underlying cause. Loaded down with multiple inhalers and steriods and antibiotics and phenergan with codiene from the doc (not to mention the threat of hospitalization if I didn't improve). The feeling of having done 800 crunches the night before - the product of a week of serious hacking. Waking and sleeping through too much television that included a Battlestar Galactica marathon. At one point, in half-sleep, I thought I was viewing the world with my nose pressed against a windowscreen; my vision neatly divided into tiny grids that, adaptor that I am, I used to play an imaginary game of Battleship.

Some things I said, heard, felt, saw - real or imagined - over the last few days.

  • "They manufacture bouncy houses, but they rent them too, so they always have some on hand."
  • "Multiple Dradis contacts!! Multiple Dradis contacts!!"
  • "I don't like that, Debra."
  • The pillow melted.
  • "Oh no, I spilled again!"
  • "Mistakes were made."
  • "This is what you look like when you're having a fit. Not pretty is it?"
  • I dreamed that we were in a war with evil pigs. Not the police and not a Judeo-Islamic anti-pork skirmish, but an actual conflict with swine. Though in the dream I was sick as well, so just had to watch.

I am not well yet, but this morning I just feel sick as opposed to deathly ill - the feeling of being dinged by a Yaris as opposed to flattened by a Humvee. Sorry to have kept you in the dark, but hey, that's where I was for most of the time - except for those Multiple Dradis contacts.

The Kids are suffering head colds and my wife has thus far escaped any illness but caring for us may have been the worst lot of all. Bless you, dear.

2 comments:

lendos_girl said...

It's good to have you on the mend, and not just becuase I'm tired of eating my own cooking.

Curry Favor said...

where the hell did that come from? please tell me you're not smoking anymore.