Sunday, March 9, 2008

Pressing On

Much like my son, I have a new best friend. Shiny, gleaming, productive and with a handle, my new pal loves me. I just can't get a good cup of coffee out of the cuisinart. I've lived with it for several years but finally said no more. Last summer, while backpacking I used a small french press for my brew and was very pleased. Two weeks ago I broke down and went for the big one at home.

I always hated french presses. I couldn't stand the grounds I inevitably had floating in my cup. But that was the result of my inability to use the damned thing. I know better now. My Bodum Eileen (what a nice name) is the wonder girl of my morning. Best cup of coffee I have ever had. I'm happy at last.

2 comments:

Curry Favor said...

i drank coffee again today because sarah's bro brought me some fine mexican blend he made. i approached psychosis after a cup. cannot handle the stuff anymore. all the neuroses bubbling to the top.

arlopop said...

Yes, you DO need a different beverage.