Saturday, February 2, 2008

On parenting, character actors and the threads betwixt

In a frantic search for a book by a particular author this afternoon and increasingly frustrated because every link takes me to a diminutive, dead character actor. Don't get me wrong - I love the guy's work - but it isn't what I want.

Then it hits me... my brain's been misfiring and it's snagged some flotsam from a recess.

It's NOT Elisha Cook, you idiot.

It's Elisha Cooper you want.


So, grab a copy of Mr. Cooper's memoir of his first year as a father, Crawling. You might feel better about those raging days when you feel like beating your little loved ones.

And now, wide-eyed in the middle of the night because you can't get the beady-eyed Mr. Cook out of your head, jump into The Big Sleep, or better yet, just go with your insomnia inducing obsession and dig him whilst he does some beating of his own hopped up on that crazy "jive".


No comments: