Saturday, February 2, 2008

WWJD

In this year's presidential fiesta (like all the others of late) Jesus is making a bid, whether he wants to or not. Dragged on to campaign buses, slogging his own cross through endless airport terminals, tarted up for spin doctors, getting nailed by policy wonks, sucking up to the public, the poor guy never gets a day off. Hello?!?! He's a dead man walking (or in election parlance, running).

I'm not really bitching, just wondering. I mean if I were the messiah (and Lord knows, I'm not), with all that campaigning I would need a little space - a little "me" time, you know - just to climb in the car and cruise up the coast. But what vehicle for the son of God? Certainly not a monster truck. And eco-friendly as he might be you just can't picture the saviour in a prius. Maybe a little miata, his long locks blowing behind him. Come on...

What would Jesus drive?

No comments: