Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Excuses, Excuses

The previous post got a comment from mom. For some reason I was reminded of one of her little jokes from my adolescence.

Out sick from school for a day (legitimately) I needed an excuse note from her the following morning. I hounded her as she got ready to go to work. She finally sat down with pen and paper.

It read:

To whom it may concern,

Please excuse Lex's absence yesterday as he foolishly got his finger stuck in a faucet spigot and we were unable to remove it for quite some time. We hope he has learned his lesson.

Sincerely,
Lex's still very young looking mother

She would not provide me with another. I was forced to turn it in. It remained pinned to the school office bulletin board for the remainder of the term.

2 comments:

lendos_girl said...

Yet another reason to love your mother.

Anonymous said...

Are you making things up??? I do remember doing that of course, what mother wouldn't do something like that, I just missed that it hung on the board all term.
Mama O