Friday, May 16, 2008

Out Of Order

If you've been wondering; I live. Despite rumors to the contrary, no disaster has befallen me, no new plague or corporeal failing has been visited upon me. I am squared firmly on two legs and hack not. I stand neither at death's door nor an open window.

I am just taking an unscheduled vacation.

My mother-in-law arrived last week for a visit with her grandchildren and I have taken full advantage of the situation. I have turned off all but the essentials, and this blog is not essential. I have left the Boy in her capable hands as I have propped my feet up, cracked the spine on a substantial tome and... ahhh... relaxed.

So, if you need anything, get in touch with my service and I'll get back to you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this blog is not essential?!

fie on thee, blasphemer!

Sacrilege!

and what of this substantial tome?

The bible, I hope?

arlopop said...

Rick Atkinson, The Liberation Trilogy, Volumes I, An Army At Dawn(2002) & II, The Day Of Battle(2007).

Steve said...

Whatcha readin' fer?