Saturday, May 17, 2008

Unwelcome

No Victorian prude am I, nor naive fool, but since having kids my live and let live attitude has developed some edges.

The whole sexual predator/pedophile concept took a queasy turn this morning when I discovered that some Brit, after finding my blog on an image search for baggy pants, perused a little and then did a search in my blog using the words "naked boy".

[Preston, Lancashire arrived from blogger.com on "getting flak: Search results for naked boy"]

Domain Name

(Unknown)
IP Address

194.150.177.# (Lancashire County Council)
ISP

Lancashire County Council
Location

Continent
:
Europe
Country
:
United Kingdom (Facts)
State/Region
:
Lancashire
City
:
Preston
Lat/Long
:
53.7667, -2.7167 (Map)


It would have been one thing (not much better) if the person had been doing a general search for those words and landed here by accident, but they had already looked at the blog, knew what it was, and then searched within it.

I'm rather irritated right now.

7 comments:

Baywatch said...

maybe he was doing some research for Pete Townshend.

arlopop said...

maybe he WAS Pete Townsend!

arlopop said...

or Gary Glitter!

Baywatch said...

see, you should feel honored.

Steve said...

I just threw up in the back of my throat. And not just because I used way too many beans in this morning's coffee.

Baywatch said...

sorry arlo, didn't intend to offend with my tasteless humor. rest assured, pedos are not my pals.

arlopop said...

Wasn't offended - worry not