Monday, August 25, 2008

Anniversary Deferred

Priorities change. My beloved and I have an anniversary next Monday - our seventh. She is scheduled to work. Normally she would take the day off and we would celebrate with a dinner or something. She isn't doing that, however. The next day is the Boy's first venture into higher education and so she has taken that day off to join me in delivering him, little backpack and all, to that threshold of higher learning.

Us is backseated. There is no going back.

2 comments:

lendos_girl said...

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't forget to take the day off or choose between the two. I missed the cutoff for time off requests becuase I am an airhead and Nicole was able to squeeze in the Arlo day, but not the us day. Sorry, babe. Don't get down. There will be more time next year.

arlopop said...

Not holding it against you at all. Just pointing out that priorities change for all of us with offspring.

Guess I wasn't clear.